The Master of Science in Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Education* (CCNE). Cleveland State University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), the largest regional accreditor in the U.S.
*The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, master's degree program, and doctors degree program in nursing at Cleveland State University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
- 3.0 GPA
- Undergraduate statistics course (C or better)
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Active RN license
- Transcripts from all institutions attended
Students from a number of states are welcome to apply to Cleveland State University’s online MSN program. Please see our State Authorization page for more detailed information.
Yes. Our faculty members are dedicated, caring and experienced professionals who want you to succeed. Our faculty are full-time professors and/or Certified Nurse Educators. Classes are small you can quickly get the feedback you need.
The didactic coursework is delivered 100% online asynchronously. You are also required to complete 500 practicum hours of experiential learning to practice what you learn in theory in the virtual classroom.
All four MSN tracks require online didactic coursework and practicum hours to graduate. The specifics of each program are as follows:
Cleveland State University intakes its online MSN students once a year in the Fall.
The MSN Clinical Nurse Leader program can be completed part-time in 1 year and 7 months (5 semesters). The MSN in Forensic Nursing, Nursing Education and Specialized Populations can be completed part-time in 2 years (6 semesters).
The online MSN program costs $602.20* per credit hour for in-state students and $603.20* per credit hour for out-of-state students. Total program costs are as follows:
- MSN Clinical Nurse Leader: $19,270.40 total* + fees (in-state) and $19,302.40 total* + fees (out-of-state)
- MSN in Forensic Nursing: $22,883.60 total* + fees (in-state) and $22,921.60 total* + fees (out-of-state)
- MSN in Nursing Education: $22,883.60 total* + fees (in-state) and $22,921.60 total* + fees (out-of-state)
- MSN in Specialized Populations: $21,077.00 total* + fees (in-state) and $21,112.000 total* + fees (out-of-state)
Financial aid may be available to our online students.
*Tuition rates as of 07/01/2023. Rates are subject to change. Visit csuohio.edu/bursar/tuition-and-fees for current rates.
You can find more information on our application page.